Smart and flexible Image editor / external Plugin
for themes of RapidWeaver version 5
This tool will let you place any image inside your theme, with no expertise required. Just drag your picture in RWmultitool and you're done.
Multithemes idea: We have a wide experience in RapidWeaver theme production. Our idea is to extend the control of graphics to the customer. Your creative process starts from Multithemes but doesn’t stop there: now you can freely add your personal touch!
RWmultitool works as a RapidWeaver plug-in, inside the main application. When you edit a theme in RWmultitool, RapidWeaver® 4/5 will automatically refresh it.
Upgrade from RWmultitool 1
RWmultitool 2 is a paid upgrade from RWmultitool1.
If you've bought the RWmt1 you can test the RWmt2 separately.
Read the FAQ for further informations.
Upgrade to latest version
After installing RWmt we strongly suggest to do a "repair permissions" with Disk Utility. Any stability problem (due to permission into the library\appsupport folder) is solved using the Repair Permissions. Apple recommends you do that regularly, or before any major OS upgrade (ie: from OSX 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 or from OSX 10.7 Lion to 10.8 Mountain Lion )
Intel Application, based on Mac OSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 CoreImage. Software architecture based on CoreImageTechnology.
System requirements: OSX 10.5/6/7/8 Mountain Lion (Not for 10.4)
The Universal Version (for PPC) Mac OSX Tiger is still available in the HomePage
The Current version of RWmultitool runs smoothly on Leopard, SNOW Leopard and Lion (Some things in the interface are changed through Lion and the new buttons set. However all functions are the same of the SnowLeopard Version).
Intel Mac and at least 512MB of RAM
equipped with GeForce or Radeon models (128MB VRAM and full support of the new Core Image recommended)
Note: In RWmt 2 all requisites are the same of the previous version except for Antialiasing and Core Image Filters which require a videocard with full CoreImage support. These functions are simply disabled if the card lacks of this requirement. Some limitations may incur with older machines or new low-end machines with Intel graphic card using shared memory
Funtions (recent improvements):
- Antialiasing removes artifacts, note: antialias works only on videocards with full CoreImage support;
- Reflection : fixed the position for rotated source images, is now possible to change the gradient;
- LiveVideo: the resolution of the live video is now at 640x480 pixel;
- Scale Layer is now up to 400%;
- Better offscreen buffers handling;
- Better layer recognition during mouse operations;
• Layer browsing a coloured frame helps to better identiy the layer currently selected;
• Crop: is now possible to crop any layer, beyond his bounds;
• Guides: Snap-to-object guides provides pinpoint alignment of the layers. This function is available with hotkey, cursor arrows or just trhu a checkbok;
• Text: is now possible to insert any text you want: selectable font, size, color and typeface.
• And more, once the text is "flattened" to a layer all the features (eg.: core image filters, rotation and so on) are available for this layer;
• The new Project file will contains text layers and you can modify them when you want.
• Core Image Filters: a gallery of filters to apply onto any layer (more will be added in future);
• Custom Alpha Masking: the software provide a lot of masks, with proper dynamic gradient, to apply over any layer;
• The dynamic masking apply a transparent linear gradient over the image, its possible to rotate, scale, fit-to-layer, and modify the gradient in real time.
Aside nice effects (like a star-shaped mask) we provide some border-related masks for rectangular images, to personalize the frame of the layer;
The modular design helps the grouping of similar functions, and will help us to implement future groups of functions easily..
• Text: text handling functions
• Filters: Core Image filters for the layers, every filter is customizable and you may add more filters on a single images.
• Extras: a collection of various features like the frame, shadow, reflection and live video (from iSight or other video sources);
• Colors: standard color operations, hue, brightness, fill, and so on
• Alpha: a gallery of masks with gradient, including rotation, scale, fit to layer. Some are a simple gradients/shapes and some are mask/frames for photos.
• Compatible with most RapidWeaver themes
RWmultitool will display a list of all images included in a theme and let you choose one for editing. No other software required.
• Supported image formats
RWmultitool works with several common image formats.
• One click image selection
Images are placed on layers. Each layer can be individually selected and moved.
• Move, Rotate and Scale images
• Image Reflection
• LIVE iSight
By using “live” option you will get a new live level that you will be able to move and rotate like any other image. If you than select again the “live” key ,than rwmultitool will add the chosen image to your project. Now you can change your image again and you can even change the contrast and the colours (shades and frame as well).
• Support for PNG with Transparency
- Please note: full transparent PNGs are a bit huge, we strongly suggest to use small images (or optimize these ones thru dedicated tool like the Save For Web feature in Photoshop).
• Auto Update
RWmultitool has an independent update system and is updated each time you launch the app or by manually choosing "Check for update".
If there is an update available you open the home page where you download it.
From DMG drag the app on your current app.
• Basic Colours Editing
You can edit hue, saturation, contrast
Drag and drop your image onto RWmultitool window, even more than one.
• Integration with RapidWeaver and COLOURS options
You are now given plenty of freedom to edit the colours of the themes both for the images and for the CSS colours. Creating a coloured background with images with the same background colour can be quite easy with RWmultitool . You can initially edit the colours and then the images or the opposite way and the colours panel just stays the same!
• Automatic Backup of original images
• Save images in the Finder
Images edited in a theme can even be saved to disk. You may eventually import them again for further editing
• Project saving
The project is bound to the active theme in Rwmt when you save it. Then, when you open again “my project.Rwmt” (already saved to disk) , Rwmt will automatically load reference theme and its own image.
• Dinamic Preview (on/off)
• DropBox integration:
If your image is squared or rectangular, you can even add a colour frame.
Perfect for your picture!